How are we uniquely placed to capitalise?
The team has significant local and international recognition as leaders in their field. Understanding the limitations of our experience we seek close partnerships with best of breed partners.
The trouble with Russia
- Russia is mired in political tensions with the west
- Companies and selected individual businessmen are subjected to sanctions
- The western press are hostile and believe the country is faced with economic
- Ruble has tumbled in value
But the East is open for business with Russia!
Russia is in north eastern Europe and northern Asia. It is the largest country in the
world—slightly less than 1.8 times the size of the United States, with a total area of
17,075,200 sq km (6,592,771 sq mi). The country spans 11 time zones from the borders with
EU in the west to the northern Pacific Ocean in the east. There are over 144 million Russians
and it was the world’s sixth-largest global economy in 2017, in a World Bank ranking that
adjusts GDP for price differences among countries (purchasing power parity).
Vladivostok on the move
Since 2012 Vladivostok has rejuvenated with a new vigour:
- Since 2015 a Special Economic Zone, the Vladivostok Free Port offers tax and
administrative incentives to international investors
- In 2015 launched an annual Eastern Economic Forum
- Since 2017 free e-visas for visitors from 18 countries were introduced
- Since 2018 it is the capital of the Far East Federal Region
- In 2019 inaugurated new trade routes were inaugurated, transhipping container
traffic from China, Japan and Korea to Europe cutting shipping time by half and
We will be seeking to deliver the highest possible returns to shareholders while setting new benchmarks for development projects in emerging markets:
- “Green” buildings and “smart” communities
- Built in security, extensive use of wi-fi linked home monitoring
- Insulation and use of fire retarding materials
- Extensive use of alternative energy and energy saving devices
- Top of the range appliances and equipment including gold standard filtered water supply
- Siting buildings and designing interior layouts following Feng Shui geomantic principles to provide cultural relevancy for occupants
- Providing community services including kindergartens, medical centres, spas and community hubs (mini-markets, meeting spaces, art gallery, performance opportunities etc)
Where we are
Over 15 months, from June 2018 until September 2019 Vostok Group, through leveraging local
knowledge, navigating geo-political obstacles, utilising good local connections and using special
regulatory incentives has:
- Established corporate entities in the UK, Russia and Hong Kong
- Recruited a management team in the UK and Russia
- Won accreditation as the first UK owned company in Vladivostok to be granted Free Port of Vladivostok Residence with attendant privileges in tax exemptions
- Reached agreement with two Russian companies to acquire sites for two major developments in the Vladivostok area
- Indicated an interest in a pioneer site in Vladivostok for use as the corporate headquarters and showcasing new prestigious residences
- Have secured a pledge of a guarantee in excess of US$100 million for project financing from an international investment company sufficient for all stage 1 projects development and marketing costs
- Secured interest from a top international hospitality management company in branding and managing the new waterfront high rise hotel in central Vladivostok
- Reached preliminary agreement on architects and designers and an international construction company
Over the last several months we have moved on from concepts to nuts and bolts implementation. We have negotiated the costings on perimeter fencing and fire-cladding buildings, identified personalities for grand openings as well as checking out rotating two-way CCTV monitoring systems.
Now we are ready for a limited period to welcome micro-investors whose funds will carry us through to business plan finalisation and the commercial lender negotiations. We will pay over-the-odds for this bridging finance which amounts to about 0.2% of the commercial loan we expect to draw down within the next 12 months.